CCCTA Executive Board Meeting
April 17, 2020
Attendance: Lori Hrinko, Jake Zebley, Bill Moon, Kathy LeChette, Brigitte Romano, Denise Beattie, Edy Dunn, Jennifer Berkley
- Call to Order @ 4:00pm
- President’s Report
- State Wide updates and issues related to corona virus:
- not encouraging closing for the entire year.
- Closure has now been extended to May 15.
- We need to work for 180 days.
- Waiver for 5 school days.
- Waiver of Maintenance of Effort not a problem with any of the counties yet.
- Non-renewal of teachers. PSAM request to extend deadline.
- Several districts “pausing” on evaluations for teachers. Waiver being sought—should be on agenda for next state BOE meeting.
- Certification deadlines. Jennifer working on this.
- Graduation requirements being waived.
- MSEA spring RA cancelled
- Tele Town Hall next Wednesday at 8 pm. 800 number to hold capacity and a back up number.
- MSEA can help with a local Tele Town Hall.
- State Election Timeline
- Primary now June 2.
- Maryland Ballots will be mailed to anyone that is an active registered voter as soon as April 27.
- May 27 is deadline to register or change party affiliation. Check to see if you are on the list of active voters.
- Ballot drop off boxes will be available for drop off but ballots can be mailed.
- Limited in-person voting.
- No primary race for BOE—pushed to general election.
- CCCTA PAC $
- We have over $10,000 in PAC.
- How to handle this $?
- Bulk will be spent in primary election.
- Early Spring Enrollment
- Digital form has been created
- Phone banking option—could be done from home
- Concern with rates from CareFirst Plus plan running high. Premiums are also higher. Out of pocket is the same with the Plus and Core plans.
- Concern that decision made without members having an opportunity to have input.
- Kristy has recommended that association members on BAC abstain from voting.
- Cost increases will be presented to BOE next week
*****Bill Moon motioned to move to closed session. Jennifer seconded. All in favor. No abstentions/oppositions.
Bill moved to move out of Executive Session. Edy seconded. All in favor. . No abstentions/oppositions.
- Bargaining updates—Possible MOU retirees
- Kathy moved to affirm the vote taken in Executive Session. Bill seconded.
All in favor of the vote taken in Executive Session. No abstentions/oppositions.
- County Budget progress/outlook
- Additional Items
- There will be a proposal to the BOE next week that April 27th and be changed to student days.
- MSEA letter to all members to communicate what MSEA has been doing. Denise has added to that with what has been happening with CCCTA.
- CCCTA office voice mail (as does sign on the office door) gives info to contact Denise and/or Lori.
- P’ville teacher ECE teacher
- Disparity between special ed/related services/regular ed
- CPD credits do not need to be outside of the duty day
- CCCTA elections: Lori is following up with Kristy.
- Adjournment @6:35 pm